We engage in this effort to ensure diversity, equity, and inclusion are actively embraced and practiced within our LPS community. We are committed to providing an equitable and culturally responsive learning environment to ensure that all LPS students and community members are welcomed, valued, and included.
Our Belief Statements...
- We are strengthened through our diversity; it enriches our learning environments and makes us all better.
- We all have implicit biases that have shaped our identities and beliefs, and we have a responsibility to uncover and address these biases within ourselves, our policies, and our procedures.
- When we acknowledge our historical inequities we can create a more just future for the LPS community.
- Everyone’s experience is unique and valuable, and should be honored.
- All LPS staff members have a responsibility to respond to racism, discriminatory language, and hateful acts toward anyone in our schools.
- Our curricula must intentionally include and reflect the many sacrifices, contributions, and perspectives of our nation’s many cultures and people.
- We are on a journey together of building a greater understanding of the students and families we serve.