LEADS Scholarship 2021
LEADS scholarship program was established to recognize students who have demonstrated an interest in a K-12 public education field. Students may be interested in attending a traditional four-year university or similar post-secondary institution, but also a community college that offers education classes to prepare them for a career in K-12 education. The scholarship program is also looking to recognize and reward the student who possibly may not quality for other scholarship programs, yet still exhibits a desire to continue their education and pursue a career in public education.
The Livonia Educational Administrators’ Scholarship is available to students who are Livonia students. Scholarships are awarded without regard to race, creed, color, disability, sex, religion, or national origin.
- Livonia Public Schools student who will earn a diploma for the 2020-2021 school year
- Pursuing a degree in K-12 Education
- Planning to attend a Michigan College or University, including Community Colleges
- GPA 2.8 or above
- 1 Letter of recommendation from school administrator
- 1 Letter of recommendation from school teacher
- 1 Letter of recommendation from an employer/community member/school employee
- Evidence of community or extra-curricular school service related to children/education
- Evidence of strong personal character, leadership skills, and work ethic
- Personal statement (300 words or less) on why he/she is pursuing an educational career
The total amount available to distribute for the LEADS Scholarship is $1,500. This amount will be awarded to one or more students from one of the following schools: Churchill High School, Franklin High School, Stevenson High School and/or the Career Technical Center. The scholarship amount awarded to each recipient is determined by the LEADS Scholarship selection committee.
Interested students must complete the attached application and submit it with current transcripts and the three required letters of recommendation to the following address:
LEADS Scholarship Committee
Ani Akaraz, Chairperson
Stevenson High School
33500 W. Six Mile Rd.
Livonia, Michigan 48152
Applicants are responsible for submitting all necessary information. Applications are evaluated on the information supplied, therefore, it is important to answer all questions as completely as possible. Applications must be submitted by Wednesday, May 5, 2021.
SELECTION OF RECIPIENTS
LEADS Scholarship Committee has the sole responsibility for selecting recipients, basing their decisions on criteria as set forth in the application form. Recipients will be selected based on the criteria noted.
PAYMENT OF SCHOLARSHIP
The Livonia Educational Administrator Organization will pay the scholarship award amount by check. The check will be made payable jointly to the recipient and the school which the student will attend and must be endorsed by both. The award must be utilized by June 30, 2022.
Questions regarding the scholarship should be addressed to:
LEADS Scholarship Program
Ani Akaraz, Chairperson