Holmes Counseling Office
A counselor’s job is to help students be successful in school. Counselors act as the student’s advocate. Students should see their counselor if they are experiencing difficulty with their classwork, their friends, or other outside concerns.
We are fortunate at Holmes to have other supports available, such as our Student Assistance Provider (SAP), Mr. DuBay and our Social Worker, Ms. Beavers.
The primary purpose of the SAP program is to provide information and support to students who are in crisis or have ongoing problems which put them at risk for failure. In addition, the Student Assistance Provider (SAP) works closely with parents and community agencies in making referrals that can further support students and their families.
Services are available to all students and include:
- Individual support
- Group support through "Educational Support Groups"
- Generally time-limited and meet on a weekly basis for 8-10 weeks.
- Topics focus on a range of adolescent issues including: peer and family relationships, substance abuse, grief & loss, goal setting, health and school survival.
- Students can be referred by a SAP, parent, school staff, peer or by self.
- Participation is voluntary, but students will be encouraged to participate if referred.
Please contact Mr. DuBay (email@example.com) with further questions.
Contact Your Counselor
At Holmes, students are assigned a counselor according to last name.
Mrs. Pesci (A-La)
Phone: 734.744.2675 ext. 38951
Mrs. Estereicher (Le-Z)
Phone: 734.744.2675 ext. 38952
Contact Ms. Mahoney, Attendance & Counseling Secretary
Ms. Mahoney works from 7:30-11:30am on days when students attend school.
Ms. Mahoney can help with:
- Attendance records
- Early dismissals
- Excused absences / tardies
- Record requests
- Transcript requests
- Work permits
Phone: 734.744.2675 ext. 37950