Great Start Readiness Program Application Procedure
Registration for the Great Start Readiness Program for the 2022-23 school year opens February 1, 2022.
- Beginning February 1, complete the online registration packet.
- Gather the required documents needed to complete the application process. You will be contacted by the GSRP office to schedule an appointment to present these documents.
- There will be other supporting documents that you will need to fill out prior to the start of the school year. These documents will be provided to you when you come in for your appointment.
- If you are unable to complete the online registration, please call 734-744-2715, ext. 17990 to request a paper packet on or after February 1.
Great Start Readiness Program (GSRP)
Welcome to Livonia Public Schools’ Great Start Readiness Program at Garfield Community School!
Livonia Public Schools’ Great Start Readiness Program offers a high quality, state funded, preschool program that focuses on preparing 4 year olds who qualify, to successfully begin Kindergarten. Developmentally appropriate activities are planned by a credentialed teaching team, that are responsive to individual strengths, needs and interests of each student.
- Full day program 4 days/week, M-Th 8:30am-3:45pm
- Highly qualified teaching staff
- Classroom teacher/child ratio 1:8
- Use of state approved curriculum and assessment tool
- Breakfast, school lunch and snack provided
- Bussing home at the end of the day
To qualify, a child must:
- Be 4 years old on or before September 1
- Be a resident in the Livonia Public Schools district
- Meet eligibility criteria as determined by the State of Michigan
For further registration information, please contact us at (734) 744-2715.