Degrees and Certifications:
M.Mus - Eastern Michigan University ‘14 B.MusEd - Eastern Michigan University ‘10 Conversational Solfege Cert. Level 1 & 2
Mr. P. Eric Bottorff
Mr. Bottorff has been teaching elementary music in Livonia since 2018, where he has taught at Randolph, Hayes elementary schools, and Webster School. Before coming to Livonia, Mr. Bottorff taught secondary band, orchestra, and choir at Korea International School Jeju Campus in Jeju, South Korea and served as Principal Tuba in the Jeju Symphony Orchestra.
I have created a youtube video explaining how you can help your young musician develop musically.
Through a wide variety of musical activities, Mr. Bottorff hopes to help all children become Tuneful, Beatful, and Artful.
Tuneful People Can:
- Keep songs in their heads and reproduce them accurately
- Sing Happy Birthday and lullabies to their loved ones (and not be begged to stop!)
- Be confident when they have the opportunity to sing
Beatful People Can:
- Rock on the beat while singing lullabies
- Dance at their wedding
- Clap their hands in time at sporting events
- Are moved by beautiful music
- Seek out expressive music experiences
- Sing to children with feeling